Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gas Station Guy

[NOTE: my apologies for the long wait for the new post.]

This isn't really an online dating story, but its fun so I decided to share it. Imagine the scenario, its a mild sun-shiny Winters day here in the Metropolis where I live. I'm out at lunch running some errands, one of which was to get gas and a car wash. I had just put the nozzle in my tank, started the pump and leaned against the car waiting. I look around and notice a good looking man in a bread delivery truck. He smiled at me so I smiled back. He smiles again and waves, so I smile and wave back. DANG, this is a friendly place to live, huh? Then he pantomimed putting a ring on his left hand and mouths to me, "are you married?" I laugh and shake my head. He wasn't sure if that was just a laugh or a "no" - so he asks again. I shake my head and mouth, "no" back at him. He then goes into some hilarious pantomime and mouthing something that started with, "do you want to..." Laughing hysterically now, I shake my head no and wave him off. Afterward I kind of wondered why I didn't gesture him over. I think it was because he looked like he was VERY young, and I'm old enough to be his...well...his...older sister - yeah, sister...that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home